HealthTextiles Announces Formation of Advisory Board
STOCKHOLM, Sweden: HealthTextiles, a leading innovative manufacturer that combines the latest technologies with heritage craftsmanship for world-class production of PPE, today announced the formation of its newly formed advisory board and strategic committee.
The Advisory Board includes a group of distinguished global industry leaders whose focus will be to advise the scale up and go-to-market of HealthTextiles, working closely with founder Tomas Persson and the company’s founders.
“As founders, our priority is to build the HealthTextiles team, and the first step is to build up a network of specialists that we work with for the long-term best of HealthTextiles,” says Tomas Persson, founder & owner.
“We have a background in sports and that has helped shape the foundation of our company. Teamwork and building a world class team is a natural and competitive advantage for us. We are thrilled to have recruited a starting line up with leading domain experts in legal, IPR, regulatory, investment, and business.”
HealthTextiles Advisory Board members include:
- Frank Ehmer, Partner, Apax Partners — Frank is an experienced investor and strategic advisor with over 20 years experience working with portfolio companies including PIB, ADCO, GamaLife, Safetykleen, Guotai Junan Securities, Ascential, Azelis, Rhiag, Garda, Tommy Hilfiger, TIM Hellas, CME and Tropolys. Frank holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a Diploma in business administration from the University of Mannheim and currently leads the European Services team at global private equity firm Apax Partners. “I am excited about the future of HealthTextiles due to its unique proposition for doctors and nurses to stay comfortable and safe from COVID, H1N1, staph and other pathogens,” says Frank.
- Hampus Rystedt, Senior Patent Attorney — Hampus Rystedt started his IP career in 1997 at the Swedish Patent Office as an Examiner and later as Director of Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals. Since 2003 he has worked as a patent attorney in a private practice, where he also has served in the operative management team and held a position in the Board of Directors. In 2013 he was appointed by the government to serve as technical judge in the Swedish courts hearing patent cases. “Intellectual Property is a crucial asset to a small and innovative company like HealthTextiles. I have joined the AB to help ensure that IP is used in the best way to support HealthTextiles’ business and bring their innovative products to the market,” says Hampus.
- Peter Landvall, PhD in Medical Microbiology — Peter is one of Sweden’s leading specialists in quality management systems and regulatory affairs. With a PhD in Medical Microbiology, Peter has worked in this area with medical devices for more than 38 years. “HealthTextiles has invented a new type of fabric from a natural material, hemp. The hemp material property and quality is of great interest for products such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Medical Devices to increase the safety for personnel when working in hazardous environments. This is of high interest to me and hopefully my regulatory knowledge can help and benefit,” says Peter.
- Rickard H. Vogel, entrepreneur and investor — With a Degree of Master of Science in Business Administration and Economics from Stockholm Business School, Rickard started his professional career in the financial business in Stockholm. Around 2009, post the Financial Crisis, his interest in Real Estate investing and development became the main focus. Around 2018 he broadened his view and expanded the strategies into some more diversified investments, in both private and public environments. “I am honored to join the HealthTextiles Advisory Board and proud to be part of the journey into a healthier and sustainable future, the core values of Health Textiles. I have been following the development closely from my first investment in the company,” says Rickard.
- Anders Moberg, lawyer and partner, Cirio, — Anders is Partner at Cirio Law firm, working with Mergers & Acquisitions with a particular focus on venture and private equity. Anders holds an LL.M. from Harvard Law School. Anders has brought a Silicon Valley way of working with selected startups in Sweden, and has been an advisor to HealthTextiles from very early on. “I am looking forward to joining the HealthTextiles Advisory Board from its inception,” says Anders.
Interviews with Advisory Board members may be coordinated upon request. Copies of the certification documents, scientific studies, research, photographs, and graphics are also available.
HealthTextiles is a leading Swedish manufacturer with a mission to save lives and decrease costs for the healthcare sector by developing innovative new healthcare uniforms and textiles. Offering unique anti-bacterial uniforms with Swedish quality and design, their uniforms can be found in hospitals, health clinics and care homes across Europe, with the company set to expand globally in 2021. HealthTextiles is supported by EIT Health.
Tomas Persson, Chairman Board of Directors
+4672 730 20 81